Grow your own
We’re big supporters of gardeners growing food in their backyard!
It’s an empowering thing for anyone to do PLUS it helps people understand the work that we do better.
In the spring, we sell vegetables transplants and vegetables seeds to home gardeners.
For them, we’ve created blog posts like
- How to Garden Even When the Weather is Cool
- How to Start Seeds in your Garden
- Growing Cold-Hardy Winter Greens
- How to Care for your Tomato Seedling
We’ll continue offering tips for backyard gardeners. Let us know if there are any gardening questions you’d like us to answer!
Some other online resources we recommend for backyard gardeners:
- Canadian Organic Growers
- Organic Gardening 101 by ACORN
- Mother Earth News: A Crop by Crop Guide to Growing Organic Vegetables and Fruit.
Our Top 5 Favourite books for Gardeners
- The Garden Primer by Barbara Damrosch
- The Humane Gardener by Nancy Lawson
- The Garden Awakening: Designs to Nurture our Land and Ourselves by Mary Reynolds
- Building Soils Naturally: Innovative Methods for Organic Gardeners by Phil Nauta
- Gaia’s Garden: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture by Toby Hemenway