Why do we grow specialty cut-flowers?
We’re inspired by the abundance of beautiful, heirloom varieties of cut flowers. They offer something unique for our customers and contribute to our farm and community’s bio-diversity.
Our garden-inspired bouquets connect you to our farm and the natural bounty of our region throughout the seasons.
On our 15 acre organic farm we maintain wild corridors, hedgerows and plant diversity, keeping other species in mind. From the smallest insects to frogs, birds, and mammals. Growing cut-flowers helps us diversify our crop rotation, offers benefits to pollinators, and habitat for other species. This helps keep crops pollinated and disease cycles and pests in balance.
Most cut-flowers around are imported, shipped dry from thousands of miles away in lots of packaging, and re-hydrated upon arrival. They’re often grown in vast monocultures, necessitating the use of plenty of agro-chemicals. There are also abundant labour concerns. We wanted to offer an alternative in line with our values.
What flowers do we grow?
Where and how can you buy our flowers?
Are our flowers organic?
What to do when bring your flowers home
- Remove the paper wrap and elastic band.
- Re-cut the stems (don’t do this step with daffodils – you don’t want their sap to start again and affect other flowers) to a suitable length based on your vase.
- Put in a vase with lots of fresh water – make sure all the stems are submerged and there aren’t leaves below the water line.
- Place the vase somewhere out od direct sunlight. Cut-flowers will last longest when kept in a cooler part of your house.
- The ideal is to re-cut the stems every 3 days and replace their water.
DIY Wedding + Event Flowers
- Our bulk buckets cost $75 for a mix of “grower’s choice.”
- Grower’s Choice means whatever is ready and beautiful that week.
- For more specific colour requests, the buckets cost $125.
- Each bucket includes a mix of different blooms, foliage, and airy grasses or other special elements.
- The amount of bouquets a bucket can make varies depending on size of bouquet. On average one bucket might contain enough to make approximately 5 medium sized bouquets.
- We can’t promise any specific varieties or types of flowers.
- Delivery is not possible. You can plan to pick up at the farm. We can also bring your flowers to the Dieppe Market on Saturday for pickup there, depending on your schedule.