Sometimes, we’ve got some cool things to share with you….but the idea of writing a whole blog post is intimidating (like when we’re transplanting like crazy and our bodies feel sore and we come into the house and grab a bag of Sweet n’ Spicy greens and eat them like chips before passing out).
So, every once in a while, we’re going to right a short and sweet little post about 5 things inspiring us on the farm right now. Or maybe 5 from the Farm (#5fromthefarm)?
Here we go….
- This awesome Leopard Frog found on a low tunnel. He seemed kinda sleepy so we were able to get some really close-up photos….guess he just came out from hibernation.
- Shannon’s in her last year on the ACORN Board (that’s the Atlantic Canadian Organic Regional Network) and the annual in-person board meeting was held last week at our place. It was great to talk to organic farmers and advisers (from government and farm organizations) from across the Atlantic Canadian provinces (the rep from Newfoundland called in).
- So, we know this guy named Dennis Prescott (@dennistheprescott) and he’s a really great guy. And he buys our veggies at the market and gets excited about good food. He also happens to be a very popular on instagram and facebook and just put out a cookbook! It’s called Eat Delicious: Recipes for your Daily Dose of Awesome and you can see him on TV with Harry Connick Jr in the clip above.
- This one is especially for you farmers and gardeners out there….but anyone could get inspired by it. Dr. Kris Nichols speaking about building soil health and resilience on organic farms. We downloaded the audio of this onto our computer and listened to it while we were planting in a hoophouse. This is gold!
- Did you see us in the most recent Saltscapes Magazine? Janet Wallace wrote a great article after visiting our farm last fall.